Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dad's First Infusion




It's been a long week for my Dad.  He had his first infusion on Tuesday.  We spent most of the day at the hospital's infusion center.  It wasn't what I was expecting at all.  We ate, talked, and watched TV while Dad got his meds delivered.  We have been really impressed with the new doctors and hospital.  I feel very lucky that we are able to have Dad's treatment there.

I'm also so thankful and glad that I'm able to be with him on these visits so that he doesn't have to go through this alone.  Thanks to everyone who is helping to support my Dad through this.

He is doing well so far.  He did need a blood transfusion due to anemia that was done today when we went back to have the pump removed.  I'm hoping that he will begin to feel better tomorrow.

I'm so proud of his courage and determination to fight this.

Just wanted to give a quick update.  Thanks for reading and for the continued support!




No comments:

Post a Comment