Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

There really is always something to be thankful for, even in the midst of suffering.  I am more thankful this year than I have ever been, and not just on this Thanksgiving holiday - but every moment of every day.

My family has been through a lot.  As much pain and fear that we have had to face, I am thankful that we have made it this far. I have grown closer to my family, and I have learned a great deal about myself. I have learned that I am much stronger than I thought I was.  I have learned the true meaning of faith. I am learning to accept the unknown, which has introduced me to a mental freedom that I have never experienced before.

I am writing this post mainly to thank each and every one of you who have been there for my Dad, my sister and I throughout this past year. I am so thankful for all the love and support that we have been given.  No amount of words can express the gratitude I feel in my heart at this moment.

Love,
Mary Beth


“True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” 
― Seneca

No comments:

Post a Comment